OCCUPATIONAL SKIN DISEASE SOLICITORS - INJURY COMPENSATION
LAWYER HELPLINE: ☎ 1800 352 100
Are you suffering from an occupational skin disease?
Unsure whether you can claim compensation for injury?
Are you looking for an occupational skin disease solicitor?
Our occupational skin disease solicitors use the no win no fee scheme and compensation is paid in full. If you would like advice with no further obligation from a specialist personal injury solicitor just use the helpline or complete and send the contact form.
Occupational Skin Disease
An occupational skin disease (OSD) is any skin disorder which is caused by a person's work. These conditions are the result of exposure to a physical, chemical or biological hazard and can be classified into several types:
- contact dermatitis (irritant contact dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis)
- follicle abnormalities
- skin infections
- pigment disorders
- neoplasms (cancers)
Occupational skin disease affects workers in a wide variety of industries. Those at highest risk include:
- manufacturing (especially rubber, chemicals, base metals, soaps, detergents)
- oil and gas extraction
- food production
- machine tool operation (grinding machine setters and operators)
- metal plating
- engine service
- leather work
Most occupational skin disease can be prevented. The following issues should be considered:
- Predisposing factors that contribute to work-related skin disease on a particular job. For example, fair skin would be a predisposing factor in a worker who is frequently exposed to sunlight.
- Avoidance of certain work environments by workers with pre-existing skin disease.
- Preventive measures on the job. For example, use of gloves, aprons, and other protective clothing.
Occupational Skin Disease Solicitors
The law requires that your employer provide and maintain a working environment that is safe to your health. If your employer has failed in their duty of care, then you may be entitled to compensation. If you suffer from an illness which is the result of your employer failing to take adequate care to protect you from such injury, then our occupational skin disease solicitors can help you to get the compensation you deserve.
The amount of compensation that you will be entitled to will depend upon the extent of your injuries and disabilities. You may be compensated for loss of earnings if you are unable to work. Damages are also awarded for pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life as a result of your illness. You are also entitled to be awarded the cost of any medical, treatment and pharmaceutical expenses incurred by you in respect of treatment for your occupational skin disease. Compensation may include damages for loss of earnings, pain and suffering, medical, pharmaceutical and treatment expenses.
Here are 3 good reasons to choose our lawyers:
LAWYER HELPLINE: ☎ 1800 352 100
- Our lawyers will provide you with legal advice on your rights and entitlements to compensation with no further obligation.
- Our solicitors are specialists with extensive experience in negotiating, settling and litigating accident compensation claims.
- If you decide to instruct any of our specialists to obtain compensation for you, they will act on a no win no fee basis. Compensation is paid in full and win or lose there is no charge.